Header image  
Piermont, NY 10968  
line decor
  HOME  ::  
line decor
Frequently Asked Questions


Vehicles Laws

Are vehicles allowed on the pier ?

Yes there are 10 public spaces and 2 for handicapped parking. To park anywhere else a permit is required. Permits can be obtained on a daily or annual basis at the village clerks office. The pier closes at 9:00 PM.

Can cars park on the street overnight ?

Parking is prohibited on village streets between 2:00 AM – 6:00 AM. Parking permits for village lots are available at the clerks office.

What is the speed limit on Village streets?

The speed limit is 25 m.p.h. on village streets.

Staying Informed

How can I get information about what’s going on?

Register for nixle.com and you will get traffic alerts crime information and special events dates.

Accident Reports

Copies of accident reports are available within 3 business days of the occurrence.


Do you do fingerprinting for licenses?

The Piermont Police Department will fingerprint any resident of the village, or any person who works in a company or business situated within the village, for any lawful purpose including;  Bingo License applications, Peddling permits, State Liquor Authority and Personal ID, except for the following:

a)  Immigration & Naturalization Services (INS) will only accept fingerprint cards processed at certified INS Designated Fingerprint Services (DFS).  Rockland County currently has two DFS locations performing fingerprinting of immigration applicants. Both of these locations charge a fee for this service.

b) Rockland County Clerk's Office,  27 New Hempstead Rd., New City, NY.  Mon-Wed-Fri. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.  Call (845) 638-5221 for further information.

c) Center for Immigration Support,  22 South Main St., New City, NY.  Mon thru Fri. 9:15 AM to 1:15 PM or call (845) 639-4522 for an appointment or further information.

d) Firearms Licenses (Carry or Dealer) are done by the Rockland County Sheriff's Office (845) 364-5400 

Do I need to bring fingerprint cards?

If you are required to have fingerprints taken for any agency and have been issued blank fingerprint cards for this purpose, please bring them with you. Otherwise we supply them.

Note: Fingerprints will be mailed by us to state agencies only! You must know the mailing address of the agency.

 How much does fingerprinting cost?

The cost for fingerprinting is $15 for village residents and non-residents.

When can I have them done?

Fingerprinting is scheduled during the following hours:

Monday thru Friday  9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Please call 359-0240 for an appointment.

Note: All fingerprint applicants are routinely checked for Criminal activity and warrants.

Do you check Vacant Houses?

The Police Department, upon request, will check your vacant house during your extended absence.

You may call in or stop in and fill out a form to have us do this.  In addition to your name, address, phone number and dates of vacancy, we will need the following information:

a) Where you can be reached in an emergency.

b) The name(s) of persons with a key to your house (to gain emergency access or to secure it or turn off alarms).

c) If you are leaving any lights on (continuously or by timer).

d) If you are leaving any vehicles in the driveway or garage (Need description and plate numbers).

e) The type of heating you have (gas, oil, electric).

f) The names of anyone authorized to be at your house for pet, plant tending, work, etc.

g) Any other information which would be of interest to us for officer safety (hazards, dogs, etc)